Tufts Alumni Notables: Call for nominations
June 07, 2012
The creators of eBay and Blogger. The singer who saved the Negro spiritual. The greatest political intellect from New York since Alexander Hamilton. The inventor of Mrs. Butterworth’s Pancake Syrup. All Tufts alumni.
In celebration of the 150th anniversary of its founding, the Tufts University Alumni Association created a registry of outstanding Tufts alumni called Tufts Alumni Notables for tuftsalumni.org in 2010. As part of our plan to periodically update this registry, we invite the Tufts community to submit nominations.
To be considered for the registry, the candidate:
For a sense of the kind of backgrounds and achievements that would qualify an alumnus/alumna, please browse the registry.
There is no nomination form. Simply send the name, graduation year and/or degree, and field of achievement, if available, by email to Mini Jaikumar, by fax (617-627-3938), or by mail to:
Tufts University Alumni Association
80 George Street, Suite 100-3
Medford, MA 02155
The deadline for submissions is July 12, 2012.
Must have attended Tufts University (any undergraduate or graduate school) for at least one year
- Must have been recognized by a party outside of Tufts as a major contributor to his/her community, profession, or nation for:
- achieving high positions in political office, the military, major companies, government, universities, hospitals, or non-profit organizations
- achieving excellence in literature, music, art, media and entertainment, or sports
- achieving widespread recognition in his/her community or professions
- Might be additionally validated by being awarded an honorary degree from a major educational institution, winning a prize such as a Nobel, Pulitzer, U.S. Medal of Freedom, Academy Award, or the equivalent in any nation